The internet is the most valuable tool available to your brand strategy. It’s a goldmine of audience, engagement, and word-of-mouth advertising potential. Today, let’s discuss how you can best use this invaluable resource to build your brand strategy.
Not only is the internet a powerful tool, it’s a multifaceted one. Here are the ways that How to Build a Brand recommend you use online marketing to build your brand:
1. Start a blog and post to it regularly. A blog will boost your search engine rankings by making your website more searchable (with proper SEO tactics). Regularly adding new posts will make your site more appealing to search engines, too – they just love new content. Additionally, a blog will help to build your credibility, establish you as an expert in your field, build trust in your brand, and build your contact list.
2. Use images that speak a thousand words. Choose images for your website, blog, emails, and other online marketing efforts that will speak directly to your specific audience. Images are impactful for a number of reasons, and they can serve as the memory triggers necessary for establishing mindshare.
3. Use an email campaign to keep those on your contact list engaged and involved. Be choosy and conservative with your emails, but when you do make contact, make the content in those emails valuable, interesting, and useful. In every email, make your brand’s contact information and website accessible through links. And don’t forget to include a branded email signature!
4. Conduct a webinar or host one with a recognizable industry expert. You have information to share – information that will pique the interest of your target audience and lead to more sales.
5. Don’t dismiss the power of video. A large portion of the world’s population learn through audio-visual media, and are therefore very likely to share videos. Use video to teach, to share your mission statement, and to tell the story of your brand. And one more thing: be sure to optimise those videos to make them highly searchable.
6. Broaden your online marketing reach by including RSS feeds in your brand strategy. More people will receive notifications of breaking news and fresh content, adding to your brand’s reputation as an industry leader.
7. Tap the power of inbound and outbound links. Search engines give higher rankings to those websites that are linked to other reputable websites. In this realm, it really is about who you know and how popular they are. Look for websites in your industry that rank well and link to them. Search for guest blogger opportunities and create links to your own website.
8. Establish a presence on a number of social media channels. Choose the ones that best suit your business and your audience. Build an audience either with paid or organic outreach. Respond promptly to comments. Show appreciation for criticism and address problems. Be helpful, friendly, and generous with your expertise.
9. Make your content easily shareable. Include social media buttons on every page of your website. Internet users have short attention spans; therefore, the easier something is to share, the more likely it is to be shared.
10. Ensure that your website is responsive, so that smartphone and tablet users will have the same great experience as desktop and laptop users do. Along this same vein, consider adding the development of branded apps to your online marketing brand strategy.